Does anyone else use this feature and have feedback on
the different modes? I tend to run bidirectional mode.

Also, with FREEK when the keepalives are missed FREEK
will force the interface/subinterface down causing the
backup or floating static to kick in. If your frame
provider or PVC doesn't have A-bit support then one
side could be down and the other side could be showing
as up/up still. FREEK saves the day.

--- Mike Martins  wrote:
> It is an addition/feature to the backup interface
> command
>
> use a map-class under atm/fr or isdn
>
> Side A
> map-class *frame-relay etc* *name*
> frame-relay end-to-end keepalive mode reply
>
> Side B
> map-class *frame-relay etc* *name*
> frame-relay end-to-end keepalive mode request
>
> note -- Side B is the side that is using ISDN as a
> backup, this way frame-relay will inform when the
interface is down

http://webhosting.yahoo.com