Arni,

I believe the throughput of the 800 series is about 384Kbps when doing
encryption, so you might want a bigger router.

Cheers!

--
Richard A. Deal

Visit my home page at http://home.cfl.rr.com/dealgroup/

Author of Cisco PIX Firewalls, CCNA Secrets Revealed!, CCNP Remote Access
Exam Prep, CCNP Switching Exam Cram, and CCNP Cisco LAN Switch Configuration
Exam Cram

Cisco Test Prep author for QuizWare, providing the most comprehensive Cisco
exams on the market.

""Arni V. Skarphedinsson""  wrote in message
> Hi
>
> I have a VPN 3005 Concentrator, that establishes an Ipsec 3des tunnel to a
> 828 router, the router has uppgraded memory and 3des sofware.
>
> the router is connectd to my via a 2mbits line, and workes fine, but when
> establish the vpn tunnel the performance drops down to something line
> 256Kbits, and I can see one the router that the CPU load is about 50 - 80%
>
> Is this normal, i.e. can the 828 just not handle any more ipsec 3des
traffic ?