From: The Long and Winding Road
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Saturday, November 23, 2002 2:31 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: OT: Is it worth it to pursue CCIE R&S and CCIE Security
[7:57959]

""B.J. Wilson""  wrote in message
> I agree.  If you have some janitor who's been saving up for months or
years
> to be able to afford your class, and he asks what a Cat 5 cable is,
what
do
> you say?  "Sorry, I will not answer that question"?  How
unprofessional.

CL: the question in my mind is at what point do the digressions
interfere
with the learning process? Unfortunately, I have been in far too many
classrooms where the non sequeters and the digressions take too much
away
from the topics that most students are there to learn.

CL: besides - other than the fact that there is such a thing as cat 5
cable,
what more needs to be said, particularly in a routing class? should the
teacher stop and discuss the intricacies - the history of twisted pair,
the
different TP categories, the number of twists per inch, the low down
ieee
standard, the physics of the wire? because that's really the answer to
the
question. Not really relevant to routing, network addressing, and other
CCNA
topics.