Godswill Oletu wrote:

> Hi group,
>
> Has anyone done this kind of connection before? Is it possible
> to connect a
> Cisco router and Bay(Nortel) Router together, back to back?

Probably. What are the specs on the serial interface on the Bay router? It's
probably something standard like V.35. Cisco's serial interfaces are
standard too.

If you can't find the right cable for sale, you could build one. Another
possibility is a V.35 synchronous modem eliminator. Search for that on
Google and you'll see that a few vendors make these. You could probably find
one on e-Bay too. They have been used for years to connect devices from
various vendors back-to-back.

Cisco and Bay certainly coexisted for years. I'm sure Cisco and Nortel can
too. You can get just about anything to talk to anything with enough
knowledge of the interfaces and a willingness to tinker.

Priscilla