Congratuations!  Any one of your skill areas would be impressive, but to put
them together so well, and to show the employer how you can do things "on
the cheap" and make things work well-- now that is mighty impressive and
inspiring. I particularly like the demonstration using your home lab.

Best regards,
Tom Larus

""adrian jones""  wrote in message
> All,
>
> I am happy to report that my luck has changed for the better.
>
> Yesterday (Saturday), I had an interview with a manager of a tech
consulting

> company which I find kinda strange; however, I was told that the company
>
> has contracts with other companies that they work mostly on weekends
>
> to upgrade the system infrastructure.  So I went.
>
> At the interview the manager told me that they are a consulting company
>
> which requires the employees to have a broad knowledge with both
>
> networking skills, database and programming background.  Instead of
throwing

> technical questions at me, the manager asks me to show him the skill
>
> so that I can convince him that I am the right person for the job.  He
also

> told me that he interviewed five other CCIEs ealier during the week and
>
> he wasn't impressed will all of them because they don't have the
>
> database and programming skills.
>
> Well, I told the manager that besides what I am doing at my current job
>
> (which I told him that I will be layoff from the job due to the downsizing
>
> of the company) as a network engineer, I also know Oracle.  Furthermore,
>
> I also have a lab at home which includes a few "franken" pix firewalls
that

> I build to prepare for my CCIE Security lab that function just like a
Pix525