a comment or two below:
--

""Firesox""  wrote in message
> I am having a hard time with configuring route-reflector-client.
> I have the following config on the Route-Reflector-Server router.
>
> router bgp 40
>  no synchronization
>  bgp log-neighbor-changes
>  neighbor 2.2.2.2 remote-as 40
>  neighbor 2.2.2.2 update-source Loopback0
>  neighbor 2.2.2.2 route-reflector-client
>  neighbor 2.2.2.2 next-hop-self
>  neighbor 3.3.3.3 remote-as 40
>  neighbor 3.3.3.3 update-source Loopback0
>  neighbor 3.3.3.3 route-reflector-client
>  neighbor 3.3.3.3 next-hop-self
>  no auto-summary

CL: config looks good for this side. hhmmm... - I think you need a neighbor
ebgp-multihop command, don't you? are you advertising your loopbacks through
your IGP?

> On the client side I see the bgp route for the othter client, but the
route
> is not being inserted into the routing table.

CL: ibgp has an admmin distance of 200. if you have the same route via a
different proptocol, then an ibgp route will not be placed into the routing
table.

> I get the following output from one of the clients.  Even though I have
the
> "next-hop-self" command on the server, it still shows the next hop of the
> loopback interface of the other client router.

CL: what "should" be happening is that the route-reflector clients "should"
be seeing the next hop as the loopback of the route reflector. as you are
already aware. I would double check configs on all sides.. well, give me a
minute - I think I can do a Q&D. Frack - I would have to renumber too many
things at this point, and I have too many other things to cover tonight.
sorry.

CL: how are your routes getting ino BGP? manual entry on the RR clients? or
redistriubute connected?

    Network          Next Hop            Metric LocPrf Weight Path
 *> 2.2.2.2/32       0.0.0.0                  0         32768 i
 * i3.3.3.3/32       3.3.3.3                  0    100      0 i
 * i10.10.3.0/24     3.3.3.3                  0    100      0 i
 *>i10.10.4.0/24     4.4.4.4                  0    100      0 i