There used to be a writeup on this on the web. The URL now gives a 404. The
short story IIRC was that there is a MTU mismatch due to the way that Cisco
and Bay count packet size. One had to be changed to match the other. Also
had to use PPP.
This may not be true for newer Nortel gear. I've never tried it.

answer.