""Edward Sohn""  wrote in message
> anyone know if there is a way to "tunnel" single,
> remote users over an IPX network?
>
> i have a manager who moves to different remote sites,
> but doesn't want to change his IPX network address.
>
> is there a VPN (GRE) client or something of the sort
> that will allow for this?  i'm not familiar enough
> with IPX to know this off the top of my head, and i
> can't find any configs on CCO.

CL: we are talking real IPX, and not that new stuff with the IP on top,
aren't we? one more reason why IPX is "better" than IP. Assuming the issue
is authenticating to the same server all the time. Just plug in the laptop,
wait for the IPX login screen to appear, then sign in. No need to change
anything on the client station.

CL: you may need to configure the routers to forward type 20 dodiddies.
gimme a break - it's been several years :-)

CL:I used to travel extensively among several remote sites in my IPX
network. Never a problem. If you use client 32 you can even change servers
and log in wherever you want.

CL: if the issue is IPX over your IP WAN, then you might want to look over
L2TP, but that's another story.