nrf wrote:

> ""wexo la""  wrote in message
> > I have no doubt this is not the cetification!
> > I am just saying it is not testing you on your experties or
> knowledge!

It used to be that you could pass the CCIE written with detailed
industry/technical knowledge and very little Cisco knowledge. In fact, I
did. I passed it when I was a Cisco newbie due to my detailed knowledge of
Token Ring and IPX! ;-) (Alas, the lab scared me off though.)

If the test is much more product-focused and requires nit-picky
Cisco-specific knowledge now, then I agree with you that it's a shame. But,
hey, you just study what you need to study and then prepare for the biggie
(the lab). Even if you end up with knowledge and skills that are skewed
towards Cisco, that's OK. This field is skewed towards Cisco too. And the
CCIE certification garners huge amounts of respect throughout the industry
(and hopefully $$$s in salary), despite being Cisco-skewed.

So, stop your whining and get to work! :-)

Priscilla