You'll hit your three letter acroronym  service level agreement real soon now
(TLA SLA RSN.)

-----Original Message-----
    From: "Priscilla Oppenheimer"
    Sent: 12/4/02 12:56:52 PM
    To: "[EMAIL PROTECTED]"
    Subject: Re: is there anyone migrating isdn backup to dsl b [7:58568]

    It sounds like DSL has a low mean time between failure (MTBF) but a high
    mean time to repair (MTTR), which can be just as bad, especially if it's
    your only backup. Of course, your mileage may vary (YMMV), depending on
the
    service provider. Also, a service level agreement (SLA) would help, as
Chuck
    mentions.

    Does that message set a record for the number of acronyms used? :-)

    Priscilla

    The Long and Winding Road wrote:

    > ""Mirza, Timur""  wrote in
    > message
    > > we are looking to migrate isdn backup at our retail stores to
    > dsl...is
    > there
    > > anyone that has performed this already?
    >

    > CL: having done a number of data networks that were DSL based (
    > but none
    > migrating ISDN to DSL ) I can offer this consideration: if a
    > DSL link goes
    > down for whatever reason, it may take more than a couple of
    > days for your
    > telco to get it back up and working. You will want to have some
    > solid
    > service level agreements in place. DSL on the whole is
    > extremely reliable.
    > The problem tends to be during those rare instances when it is
    > down for
    > whatever reason, some telcos seem to have DSL repair low on
    > their priority
    > list.
    >
    > CL: other than that caviat, why not?
    >

    > > Timur Mirza
    > > Principal Network Engineer
    > > Network Planning & Engineering, West Region
    > > 15505-B Sand Canyon Avenue
    > > Irvine, California 92618
    > > Verizon Wireless
    > > 949.286.6623 (o)
    > > 949.697.7964 (c)

    Message Posted at:
    http://www?.groupstudy.com/form/read.php?f=7&i=58574&t=58568

[GroupStudy.com removed an attachment of type application/ms-tnef which had
a name of winmail.dat]