On Mon, 9 Dec 2002, Brad Ellis wrote:

> AS2511 is the same as the 2511-CH.  Just make sure you do NOT get the
2511RJ
> as that version has only ONE serial port (vs. two serial ports on the
non-RJ
> flavor).

I actually prefer the 2511-RJ's in production (term servers only, not a
lab environment). Octal cables are fragile and expensive, whereas finding
a new RJ-45 rolled cable is easy - there are ALWAYS spares around the
office.

In a lab environment, however, I'm all for the non -RJ model.

Rgds,

- I.

--
Ian Henderson CCNA, CCNP
Senior Network Engineer, Chime Communications