On Wed, 11 Dec 2002, Mamoon Dawood wrote:

> I'm configuring TACACS+ with AS5300, but I can not understand the
> meaning of TACACS+ or RADIUS Key, is it the enable secret password on
> the AS5300?

No, radius uses a key that you enter to provide for the encrypt/decrpt of
the
auth/acct packets.  You enter the same key on both machines.  On the
TACACS+ box you will say that AS5300 host a.b.c.d has key 12345.  Then on
the AS5300 with IP a.b.c.d you will say it contacts the TACACS+ box
e.f.g.h with key 12345.

Andrew
---

http://www.andrewsworld.net/
ICQ: 2895251
Cisco Certified Network Associate

"Learn from the mistakes of others. You won't live long enough to make all
of them yourself."