I have just been given the task of setting up a website with load
balancing.

T1 ---> 3640-------->Pix 515  UR+4E------>Load balancer

T1 ---> 3640------->Pix 515 UR+4E-------->Load balancer

The Pix 515 are separate full units, I got another on because I know you
cannot use the failover as an active unit.

My load balancers are not active/active. But if I use them separately,
they can run independently.

I need to run just one website like www.mydomain.com

My managers would like both T1s to be used, but can also act as a
failover.

Can anyone give me any pointers or tell me of any pitfalls before I dive
into this task?

I thought about HSRP, would this work if I had redundant firewalls? Can
you cluster pix firwalls? I don't think you can, I wish I could.