I want to be able to allocate min guaranteed bandwidth per application as
well as use priority queuing for Voice on an edge router.

Shall I use Custom queuing, which assigns min bandwidth per application, or
CBWFQ (with Traffic Shaping if necessary)? I understand that LLQ (PQ+CBWFQ)
is the best choice.

I understand Custom Queuing and how it provides min bandwidth, but am not
sure how traffic shaping and CBWFQ interacts - ie, do I need traffic shaping
and if so, does the shaping occur before or after the queuing?

Can anyone shed some light on this matter before I go back to what the ref
books say?

Rik