Hi guys,

I searched the archives about this, but couldn't find anything.

I have a Cat 2912 switch, that has 4 faulty ports. It fails post, here
is a snippet:

C2900xl POST: System Board Test: Passed
C2900xl POST: Daughter Card Test: Passed
C2900xl POST: CPU Buffer Test: Passed
C2900xl POST: CPU Notify RAM Test: Passed
C2900xl POST: CPU Interface Test: Passed
C2900xl POST: Testing Switch Core: Passed
C2900xl POST: Testing Buffer Table: Passed
C2900xl POST: Data Buffer Test: Passed
C2900xl POST: Configuring Switch Parameters: Passed
C2900xl POST: Ethernet Controller Test: Passed
C2900xl POST FAILURE: front-end post: FastEthernet0/9:
C2900xl POST FAILURE: looped-back packet not received
C2900xl POST FAILURE: front-end post: FastEthernet0/10:
C2900xl POST FAILURE: looped-back packet not received
C2900xl POST FAILURE: front-end post: FastEthernet0/11:
C2900xl POST FAILURE: looped-back packet not received
C2900xl POST FAILURE: front-end post: FastEthernet0/12:
C2900xl POST FAILURE: looped-back packet not received
C2900xl POST: MII Test: Passed
cisco WS-C2912-XL (PowerPC403GA) processor (revision 0x11) with
8192K/1024K bytes of memory.
Last reset from power-on

Processor is running Enterprise Edition Software
Cluster command switch capable
Cluster member switch capable
8 FastEthernet/IEEE 802.3 interface(s)

You can see it only recognises 8 ports.

I searched CCO, and found a bknown bug where ESD can fry the
controllers. Each controller operates 4 ports.

Is there a way to get it reapired? Can you buy the controller from
somewhere and replace it?

Any help greatly appreciateed,

Symon