Start with the bible TCP/IP Jeff Doyale Volume 1. Find the list of books
for both written & Las here below. It depends on how much time you can
spend for your studies each day. Cisco recently introduced the new topic
like Multicasting and VoIP. Otherthan that in my experience its the same
stuff also include some simulations and drag-n-drops.

The following books are the ones I used for my CCIE written as well as my
labs.

CCIE. Practical Studies, Volume I by Karl Solie

Routing TCP/IP Volume I (CCIE Professional Development) by Jeff Doyle

Routing TCP/IP, Volume II (CCIE Professional Development) by Jeff Doyle,
Jennifer DeHaven Carroll

Building Cisco Multilayer Switched Networks by Karen Webb

Building Scalable Cisco Networks by Diane Teare, Catherine Paquet

Managing Cisco Network Security by Michael Wenstrom

Building Cisco Remote Access Networks by Catherine Paquet

Cisco OSPF Command and Configuration Handbook by William Parkhurst

Cisco BGP-4 Command and Configuration Handbook by William Parkhurst

Internet Routing Architectures by Sam Halabi

Troubleshooting IP Routing Protocols (CCIE Professional Development
Series)

by Zaheer Aziz, Johnson Liu, Abe Martey, Faraz Shamim

Routing & Switching, Desktop protocols DLSw+ by Tam Neekee, McGrawHill

Routing, Switching & Bridging by Bruce Caslow, Prantice Hill Publishers.

thanks

Suresh PatrickcB.S.(Eng), M.S.(Eng), CCIE #

CCNA,CCNP,CSS1,CVoice,CNE,MCSE,CCSA,CCSE,SCSA,CLP.
http://www.sureshhomepage.com A homepage on network certs!

>From: "Thuveshen Cooppan"

Written Exam [7:59332] >Date: Tue, 17 Dec 2002 00:33:30 GMT > >Hi All >
>Can anybody shed some experineces or information on how long it takes to
>study for the CCIE Written exam? What study material is good ? Methods
for >studying for the CCIE Written Exam? > > >Thanks > >Thuveshen > >
misconduct and Nondisclosure violations to [EMAIL PROTECTED]