Team,
I think is time to shift gears...but I will give my two cents.......
The question is....What do you want to do for the rest of your life......Do
you want to be the Boss or you want to be boss around...
IMO a PHD/MS is a LIFE TIME investment that any person will have for the
rest of his/her life, it is the best investment a person can make. It does
not matter where
you go (any country) your title will still valid....who cares how old you
become your title will still valid....

Any certification is valid and valuable as long as the Technology or product
related to that certification is valid......I considered a CCIE the PHD/MS
of networking and
the reason is because you have to learn many technology and understand it
very well in order for you to pass the written and them you have to spend at
least 4 hours a
day in for a very long timer in order for you to put to practice all the
theory that learn and the take the lab (which most people does not make it
the first time). It sound like the same path to become a CCIE is need to
become a PHD/MS. If CCIE were that easy why we don't have to many CCIE's
available is the same thing with a PHD/MS why we don't have many peoples
with a PHD/MS.

Finally, I will say that any person should have a least BS, and then any
certification.....particular a CCIE.......I believe that CISCO has done a
great job with the CCIE program and they should continue to improve it for
the better.....

Juan Blanco
The greatest glory in living lies not in never falling,
     but in rising every time we fall ."
 -- Nelson Mandela