""Priscilla Oppenheimer""  wrote in message
> Thanks Scott,
>
> Well, of course I should have known that io3 in my customer's image name
> means IP subset and firewall with ssh. Why didn't I think of that? :-)
>
> By the way I did find a good white paper on naming conventions and the
> release process. It's very helpful and doesn't require login. The Appendix
> of the paper has all the codes. The URL to the paper is here:
>
> http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/620/1.html
>
> Now, I hate to be dense, but I couldn't have told from just the filename
> that VLAN trunking wouldn't be supported, though, right? That requires the
> Feature Navigator (which requires a login)? (I did actually have a login
at
> one point, sponsored by a partner. I better find it again and see if it
> still works.)
>
> But the Feature Navigator sometimes doesn't help, as you mentioned,
because
> it just finds you the latest software with the features you want but
doesn't
> tell you if the release you're working on supports a feature?? Did I read
> your caveat correctly? How else can one determine if a feature is availble
> in a certain release? (other than not seeing a command when you do ?)

It's now called "software advisor" and there is indeed an option that allows
you to enter your image name and receive a list of features supported.

the feature you are looking for is  "IEEE 802.1Q VLAN Support"

> I've gotten lots of answers from people but still nobody has told me how
> address a question like this in the future. The answers are helpful, but
> obviously a method would be much more helpful, as always! Give a woman a
> fish and she won't be hungry; teach her to fish and she won't be hungry
> every again (or however that idiom goes!? ;-)

I think it is "give your wife a dollar and she'll spend it. Give her your
checkbook and she'll spend it all. Either way, kiss your money goodbye"  ;->