I've run into this situation while doing some practicing with the 3550s and
some routers

2611------3550-------3550--------3640

all ethernet ports are set at full duplex 10 megabit speed.

the 2611 and the 3640 are connected via a vlan tunnel.

everything is working fine, until I turn on l2protocol-tunnel cdp on both
switches, at which point I get the following error:

3640
FrameSwitch#
1w0d: %CDP-4-DUPLEX_MISMATCH: duplex mismatch discovered on Ethernet0/1 (not
hal
f duplex), with Router_14_2611 Ethernet0/1 (half duplex).

2611
1w0d: %CDP-4-DUPLEX_MISMATCH: duplex mismatch discovered on Ethernet0/1 (not
ful
l duplex), with FrameSwitch Ethernet0/1 (full duplex).

as near as I can tell, there are no errors on any of the interfaces. no
collisions, etc. not that I'm sending a lot of traffic during these studies,
but extended pings don't come up with anything either.

relevant configurations for all interfaces. as you can see, everything
agrees all along the line. everyone is set for speed 10 and duplex full. if
I turn off l2protocol-tuinnel cdp on the interfaces, the error messages
disappear. I suspect a bug in CDP, but I'm wondering if I have missed
anything.

2611
-------
interface Ethernet0/1
 no ip address
 full-duplex
!
interface Ethernet0/1.1
 encapsulation dot1Q 121
 ip address 122.1.1.1 255.255.255.0
!
interface Ethernet0/1.2
 encapsulation dot1Q 122
 ip address 122.1.2.1 255.255.255.0
!
interface Ethernet0/1.3
 encapsulation dot1Q 123
 ip address 122.1.3.1 255.255.255.0
!
interface Ethernet0/1.4
 encapsulation dot1Q 124
 ip address 122.1.4.1 255.255.255.0
!

Switch_24#sri f0/1
Building configuration...

Current configuration : 200 bytes
!
interface FastEthernet0/1
 switchport access vlan 100
 switchport mode dot1q-tunnel
 no ip address
 duplex full
 speed 10
 l2protocol-tunnel cdp
 no cdp enable
 spanning-tree bpdufilter enable
end

interface FastEthernet0/26
 switchport access vlan 100
 switchport mode dot1q-tunnel
 no ip address
 duplex full
 speed 10
 l2protocol-tunnel cdp
 no cdp enable
 spanning-tree bpdufilter enable
end

3640
-------
interface Ethernet0/1
 no ip address
 no ip redirects
 full-duplex
 priority-group 1
!
interface Ethernet0/1.1
 encapsulation dot1Q 121
 ip address 122.1.1.2 255.255.255.0
!
interface Ethernet0/1.2
 encapsulation dot1Q 122
 ip address 122.1.2.2 255.255.255.0
!
interface Ethernet0/1.3
 encapsulation dot1Q 123
 ip address 122.1.3.2 255.255.255.0
!
interface Ethernet0/1.4
 encapsulation dot1Q 124
 ip address 122.1.4.2 255.255.255.0
!

Chuck
--
TANSTAAFL
"there ain't no such thing as a free lunch"