where you are going wrong is that you are pursuing your CCIE when you should
be pursuing your degree ;->
refer to that other thread that just won't die.

sorry, I can't resist.

comment or two below:

""Rajesh Kumar""  wrote in message
> Hello everybody.
>
> I am working on Lab 2 of ccbootcamp and am confused with the following.
> Can somebody clarify on that please?
>

> Item 2b says Configure R1's ethernet in OSPF area 1.  .....

yes.

> Item 2i says Configure the router R1 with EIGRP and redistribute with
> OSPF........ ( Here I thought I can only configure R1's s0.1 for EIGRP
> and leave the Ethernet and S0.2 to OSPF. ).

yes. only the particular subinterface on the frame cloud is configured for
eigrp.

> Item 2j says Configure the router R1 so that it only listens to EIGRP
> updates on Ethernet 0 and interface serial 0.2.

yes. I believe this is an error in the lab. but I could be wrong. if the
question is, as I suspect, speak eigrp only on those two interfaces, that is
one thing. listen only on those two interfaces. well - newer versions of the
IOS havea knob that places only interfaces, and not networks, into the eigrp
process. you should look that up.

> The network diagram points that Ethernet 0 of R1 is in Area 1 and EIGRP
> domain surrounds it.

yes

> Where I am going wrong?

see my smart ass comment at the head of this response.

you are not going wrong. you are starting to understand the twisted mind of
Marc Russell and his cohorts.

actually, I am looking at the answer key for that router, and the answer is
wrong. I believe the lab meant to say "advertise eigrp", not "listen for
eigrp"