Please, kill this thread.  It is contributing highly to bandwidth waste.  If
you love Cisco and networking, get your CCIE.  If you love academia over
everything else, get your Ph.D.  If you love both equally, get them both.

Bottom line is that both are hard to attain, and unless you got the love for
either one, you are not going to get 'em!   For example, there is good bucks
in programming, but I hate to program, even little batch files and scripts
turn me off..  No amount of money will ever entice me to voluntarily learn
programming in any language.  Same thing with either the CCIE or a Ph.D.

Whew, hope this puts this thread to rest.

TIA,

Charles

""The Long and Winding Road""  wrote in
message [EMAIL PROTECTED]">news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]...