I've read just about every piece of Cisco propaganda regarding their Auto-RP
offering.  I've also read up on Boot Strap Router (BSR).  I'm in the process
of implementing IPTV and am at a bit of a crossroads.  Here are my concerns:

With Auto-RP, there is no hierarchy between the Mapping Agents (i.e. there
is no "master" or "slave" agent).  Thus, all routers listen to any discovery
announcement made by any agent.  This, to me, sounds like trouble (possible
RP flapping).  It also sounds like a security issue.

With BSR, there is an election and only one router actually becomes the
BSR.  This, to me, sounds better.  However, there isn't any authentication
and any ol' router can join in and advertise a hiher priority, thus stealing
the role of BSR.  So again, I see security issues.

Anycast-RP sounds pretty good for load balancing and also sounds more secure
than the above two.  But it is at least as administratively intense as
static RPs so it’s by no means perfect.

Anyone care to share any "real-world" experience?  Or even thoughts on these
security issues?  These huge holes strike me as a throwback to the '80s or
early '90s when security was an afterthought (if a thought at all).

Thanks much,

Scott