I assume you're running in Hybrid mode (IOS on MSFC, CatOS on Sup).  12.1.9
to 12.1.11 had that problem.  Not exactly sure about the versions, but I
know it's fixed in 12.1.13.  The medium buffer category will disappear after
the upgrade, and the normal small, middle, etc will have few, if any,
misses.

Chuck Church
CCIE #8776, MCNE, MCSE

>Date: Wed, 8 Jan 2003 13:13:13 GMT
>From: "[EMAIL PROTECTED]"
>Subject: Re: Buffer Tuning [7:60526]

Any thoughts on that?

Is it possible to tune the medium buffer?

I did find how to tune the middle buffer on the Cisco pages, but nothing
about medium buffer.  Also, I do not have that option on the 6509 MSFC.

The number of failures is very high, and that is why I want to tune it.