Simmi Singla wrote:

> Hi all,
> Can I make the router as hub too ,suppose my requirement is
> like that what ever data comes on one port should come on
> other,Can we configure span on router as we do on switch.

No, you can't turn your router into a hub, although there are some
multi-port modules you can add to a router that are hub modules. Those ports
aren't routed. They are in a hub that is built-into a router. I suppose if
you shut down all the other interfaces (the "real" routed interfaces) you
would have turned your router into a hub. :-)

Doing SPAN on a router wouldn't turn it into a hub. A hub doesn't understand
frames, packets, data. It just forwards bits. A hub is a multi-port
repeater. SPAN is smarter than that. It understands frames. It's also a
switch technology. I don't think you can use it on a router, unless Cisco
has added that recently. SPAN exists because switches replaced hubs, making
it hard for protocol analysts to see what was happening.

Priscilla