saw this one come through today.

I checked the link down at the bottom of the page. I thought it quite
interesting that Cisco and Microsoft are noted as "not vulnerable" while
just about every *nix out there is listed as "unknown" One sad note - my
firewall of choice is shown as "unknown" also.

I am presuming that testing is still going on with all these other products.
"unknown" may not necessarily mean "vulnerable"

-------

*CERT WARNS OF POTENTIALLY WIDESPREAD VULNERABILITY
By SWD Staff
The Computer Emergency Response Team (CERT) Monday warned of a
vulnerability affecting Ethernet device driver software running on
multiple platforms that could allow a remote attacker to harvest
potentially sensitive information from network traffic.

A research paper by information security firm @stake says, "Multiple
platform Ethernet Network Interface Card (NIC) device drivers incorrectly
handle frame padding, allowing an attacker to view slices of previously
transmitted packets or portions of kernel memory. This vulnerability is
the result of incorrect implementations of RFC requirements and poor
programming practices, the combination of which results in several
variations of this information leakage vulnerability."

It "is trivial to exploit and has potentially devastating consequences.
Several different variants of this implementation flaw result in this
vulnerability," @stake continues. "The number of affected systems is
staggering, and the number of vulnerable systems used as critical network
infrastructure is terrifying."

CERT recommends applying patches as soon as they are available and using
encryption to protect network traffic, though it won't protect sensitive
information leaked from non-network sources, such as kernel memory.

For an updated list of affected vendors, please consult the CERT
vulnerability note.
http://www.kb.cert.org/vuls/id/412115
http:[EMAIL PROTECTED]/research/advisories/2003/index.html#010603-1