I have done VLSM calculations in my head ever since I learned them in
college.  Unfortunately, some of the CCIEs I know of, do not.

I suppose that is still better than the most to nearly all of the
"network administrators" I met who have been "working in the field
for years" that cannot understand any level of subnetting ("What's a
slash /24, that's so complicated, I just call it the 255.255.255.0"),
let alone even fathom binary numbers.

> Just out of curiosity, how many CCIEs and people that have at least

> had a shot at the lab can comfortably do VLSM calculations in their

> heads?
>
> I think this is quite common among ISP operators, but I really
don't
> know about people in an enterprise orientation.
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

-Carroll Kong