Hi Listonians,

I have a Cisco 5500 in my lab rack. I wanted to know if anyone knows EXACTLY
what Supervisor Engine I need for the CCNP switching exam?

Do I need just a sup-III (WS-X5530-E1) or a (WS-X5530-E2)?

to quote a supplier I spoke with:

"The minimum SUPIII for CCNP studies, and the older CCIE labs is
WS-X5530-E2. The E2 and higher revs have the updated NFFC card that enables
MLS configurations. The WS-X5530-E1 (the label just says WS-X5530) does NOT
support MLS.)

I also heard I need a Route Switch Module (WS-X5302) for the exam.

Can someone confirm the necessary equipment I can use to complete the CCNP /
CCIE lab rack?

Thanks,

Jerry Roy
jroy AT axcelerant.com