To all,

Use the "show route" command to see if you received the default route. One
configuration mistake that you might have made with the "ip address" command
is omitting the optional "setroute" parameter at the end. This parameter
accepts and uses the default route received from the ISP. The command should
look like this:
>> ip address outside dhcp setroute

Also, remember that if you are pinging THROUGH the PIX from the inside
interface, you must have an ACL on the outside interface allowing the
returning ICMP traffic: ICMP traffic is NOT stateful in the PIX.

You can also use the following debug command to help troubleshoot (assuming
you have 6.2):
>> [no] debug dhcpc detail|error|packet

Hope this helps!

Cheers!
--

Richard A. Deal

Visit my home page at http://home.cfl.rr.com/dealgroup/

Author of Cisco PIX Firewalls, CCNA Secrets Revealed!, CCNP Remote Access
Exam Prep, CCNP Switching Exam Cram, and CCNP Cisco LAN Switch Configuration
Exam Cram

Cisco Test Prep author for QuizWare, providing the most comprehensive Cisco
exams on the market.