Materials provided by the Cisco Networking Academy program are
for the exclusive use of students enrolled in the program even if they
are
free to them.  Unless this instructor has received permission from Cisco
to distribute it freely to anyone, he should have that area of the
webpage
password protected.

In other words, yes, it appears to be a violation of Cisco's property
rights.
You might do this person a favor by reminding him of his responsibility
to protect Academy resources from distribution to the public at large.

Prof. Tom Lisa, CCAI
Community College of Southern Nevada
Cisco ATC/Regional Networking Academy
"Cunctando restituit rem"

cheekin wrote:

  Hi all,

  I recently, kind of, stumbled onto an instructor's webpage that
  allows
  free, uncontrolled download of the Network Academy Router Simulator.
  Anyone who accesses this page can download this simulator.

  I believe the instructor is an academy instructor.

  Has there been any form of violation?

  Thanks,
  cheekin
  [EMAIL PROTECTED]