Does anyone know which version of IEEE STP bridge-groups use? Switches use
the PVST+ (one spanning tree per vlan). However, I can't determine if router
bridge-groups use PVST+ or the IEEE standard CST (one spanning tree instance
for all vlans). Here's my delimna: I've got a 4006 (Sup II) with a Layer 3
(WS-X4232-L3) module. I want to implement bridging on the subinterfaces on
the routing engine. The subinterfaces are running dot1q encap. for
inter-vlan routing (similar to how the 2600 series implements inter-vlan
routing). Anyway, I want to bridge IPX between two vlans while routing IP
(CRB will do this just fine, I don't need a BVI with IRB). My only concern
is having the bridges STP calculation interfere with my other Catalyst STP
instances. Any thoughts?