Charles

I am not sure if I can really make any recommendations as to which is
better for you. I personally have a low opinion of the Checkpoint certs as
they seemed to be purely about memorizing menus rather than understanding
the technology and how to use it on the Checkpoint products. On the other
hand experience with a firewall product such as Checkpoint or PIX certainly
isnt going to hurt your resume. You may want to also consider looking at
the CISSP cert (very high level, management oriented) if you have
verifiable security work experience, or if you are looking for something
more technical you cant go far wrong by working on some of the GIAC certs
(you can probably find info somewhere off of www.sans.org). In fact, even
if you dont go for the cert, I would recommend studying the GIAC Security
Essentials curriculum to anyone trying to get into the security field.

Regards

        Peter Walker
        CISSP, CSS1, CCSE, CC[NID]P, etc

--On 15 January 2003 09:05 +0000 Charles McKnight