Actually, you dont need the contract number.  I bought a PIX 10000 from
Ebay,  called cisco and they were happy to give me the code.

You do need a valid serial number though.  The automated webpage that hands
out the DES keys works for most models so you dont even need to call them.
The only time you need to call is if the S/N is so old that they didn't
bother programming the website to handle it.

Jarett