""Wei Zhu""  wrote in message
> Thank you everyone for your response,
>
> The reason I am confused is not becasuse the NULL0 in routing table,
that's
> the way eigrp does.

only if you have automatic summarization enabled. if you enter the command
"no auto-summary" under the eigrp process, the route to null 0 will
disappear.

> The reason is when I set the "network 0.0.0.0" in eigrp, it distribute the
> 172.22.0.0 network to S0 side(I have another router running eigrp at S0
> side, its routing table shows up 172.22.0.0 or 172.22.2.0/24 when I enable
> no summary).

> Chuck, does network 0.0.0.0 mean to enable all interface to participate
into
> route distribution?

starting with IOS 12.0, Cisco made it possible to enter interfaces ( not
whole networks ) into the eigrp process similar to the way you enter ospf
interfaces into the ospf process.

recall that with ospf you can use the command "network 0.0.0.0
255.255.255.255 area x" to place all interfaces into the ospf process.

apparently eigrp can be handled the same way. when you used the comand
"network 0.0.0.0" you placed all interfaces into the eigrp process.

my routers are asleep at the moment, but it occurs to me to look into
whether or not ospf will accept just the 0.0.0.0 notation.

> My idea is to put S0 in eigrp and S1 in BGP, while only set "network
> 192.168.1.0" won't put S1 into eigrp, thus won't distribute the 172.22.0.0
> network info into S0 side.

yep.