I just installed a couple of 16 port 1000BT modules in a cat
6509, for one of our
data centers. They work just like the 48 port 10/1010
cards...

I would think tho, 2 3550-12 port stackables are cheaper
than the 1 module for the 6500 and you would get 24
ports.....

--

Larry Letterman
Network Engineer

""milind tare""  wrote in message
> hi ciscobuddy's,
>

>        How r u doing all? following is my question:-
>
> i have 2 6506 Core redundancy in my network with 2
> MSFC card. we have purchase new server's and for that
> i hv to provide 1000bast T connectivity to server's.
> i am planning to purchase the new module i.e.
> WS-x6516-GE-TX, this module will provide me 16, 1000
> Bat T port..or 2nd option is got 3550 12T module
> having 10 1000T and 2 Gibic.
>
> Please give me suggestion on this.and also suggest me
> if any other module is available from cisco.
>
> Thanks & Regards,
> Milind

> http://mailplus.yahoo.com
[EMAIL PROTECTED]