What about Cisco Secure IDS?

-----Original Message-----
From: charles riley [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: 22 January 2003 03:39
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: OT well, sort of - IDS [7:61523]

I like the various SNORT products...non-proprietary (or as close as this
field gets).

SNORT looks good (www.snort.org)

And if you don't have time to build your own, try:

www.sourcfire.com
www.silicondefense.com

Heck, even Packet Alarm may be an option though you will not find any
contact information for them: which could speak volumes for their post
sale support philosophy:

www.packetalarm.com

The ISS IDS product is "SNORT compatible" meaning SNORT rules can be
used on it.

http://bvlive01.iss.net/issEn/delivery/prdetail.jsp?type=ISS&oid=20602

HTH,

Charles

""Symon Thurlow""  wrote in message
> Hi all,
>
> Just looking for a heads up with regards to IDS in a Cisco PIX
> environment, ie, what works, what doesn't, and good resources online
> to read etc.
>
> TIA
>
> Symon

 This email has been content filtered and
 subject to spam filtering. If you consider
 this email is unsolicited please forward
 the email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] and
 request that the sender's domain be
 blocked from sending any further emails.