From: Steve Lilley [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, January 22, 2003 7:56 AM
To: Frank Jimenez; [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Cat6500 PSU interoperability [7:60949]

We are successfully mixing 1300W and 2500W power supplies in the
Cat6500s in our labs.  We are running 6.3.3a on the switches,
and power redundancy is functioning fine (even though the Cisco docs say
it shouldn't):

6506_1> (enable) sh vers
WS-C6506 Software, Version NmpSW: 6.3(3a)
Copyright (c) 1995-2002 by Cisco Systems
NMP S/W compiled on Feb  9 2002, 22:19:49

System Bootstrap Version: 6.1(4)

Hardware Version: 3.0  Model: WS-C6506  Serial #: TBM05512701

PS1  Module: WS-CAC-1300W    Serial #: SNI05480786
PS2  Module: WS-CAC-2500W    Serial #: ART04470156
[snip]

6506_1> (enable) show system
PS1-Status PS2-Status
---------- ----------
ok         ok

Fan-Status Temp-Alarm Sys-Status Uptime d,h:m:s Logout
ok         off        ok         39,19:07:55    20 min

PS1-Type             PS2-Type
WS-CAC-1300W         WS-CAC-2500W

PS1 Capacity: 1153.32 Watts (27.46 Amps @42V)
PS2 Capacity: 1153.32 Watts (27.46 Amps @42V)
PS Configuration : PS1 and PS2 in Redundant Configuration. [snip]

Regards,
Steve