Hi,

For those that are reading Cisco Press' CCNP Routing Exam Certification
Guide:
there is a very confusing definition of type 4 summary LSAs on page 292,
chapter 6:

The AS external ASBR summary link- This LSA is sent to a router that connects
to the outside world (ASBR). It is sent from the Area Border Router to the
Autonomous System Boundary Router. The LSA contains the metric cost from the
ABR to the ASBR. This is identified as a Type 4 LSA.

In my opinion this is wrong, isn't it? Or maybe I'm missing something?

My understanding is that a type 4 summary LSA is originated by ABRs.It is
sent
into an area by the ABR to advertise the AS boundary routers.

Could someone confirm my understanding?

Eric Brouwers