Hey all.  I have two 2610XMs each with a dual T1 voice trunk and DSPs.  I
have used these routers and successfully created a (plain-jane) T1 voice
trunk between Nortel and Avaya PBXs using G.729ab.

Recently I was tasked with using those same two routers to make a voice
trunk between a Nortel Option 81 PBX (same as above) and a Nortel remote
(not sure model or designation).  However, this time instead of a "plain"
T1, they are using a different card in the PBX that outputs T1, but uses the
bottom 3 channels (or top 2 depending on who you talk to) for proprietary
signalling.  Just to see if I could get this to come up, I setup the
dial-peers with no VAD using clear-channel, and configured each voice-port
with no comfort-noise (which shouldn't even be an issue without VAD, but I
was trying anything at this point), no input gain, no output attenuation,
etc.... I tried to make it so that all 24-channels would pass (untouched by
compression, etc) between the two routers.  But alas, nothing worked.  If we
connect the PBX directly to the remote (this equipment is all in one room
for testing), you can boot the remote and get a msg on the console of the
PBX that the remote was "requesting a download" (i.e. working).  Both T1s
(one from the PBX and one from the remote) show good when plugged into the
voice ports on the routers, and I don't get any errors from the T1s.  I can
even see between 1.6-1.9Mbps of traffic going in and out of the FE
interfaces betwween the routers that goes away when I unplug a T1 on either
side.

If anyone has any suggestions or input, I'd appreciate it... I'm about to go
crazy.  I would post configs here, but they're lengthy since I needed to
break all 24 channels into separate DS0 groups (to maintain channel
consistency on each end), so I can e-mail configs if anyone is interesting
(just e-mail me and I'll reply with configs. I really don't think it's a
config issue tho, as our Cisco SE (who is a sharp guy) came out and tried
everything he could think of to get this to work and still no luck.  I'm
wondering if this isn't a clocking/timing issue or something.....
AARRRRGGGGGHHHHH!!!

Thanks!
Mike W.