Currently I have 448MB of RAM on my pix520 firewall.  I want to know how
much

memory is enough for this beast?  Even when my CPU reaches 99% utilization,

the memory utilization is about 12%.  I've never recalled any instances that
the

memory utilization ever reach more than 30%.  My question is that do I
really need

that much memory on a firewall?  Has anyone actually seen the pix firewall
using

even 256MB utilization?  I am runing version 6.2(2) and sometime 6.3(0)
build 131

Even when I am DOSing this firewall (in a lab environment), memory never
seems

to go above 60MB.

DT

pix1# sh cpu usage
CPU utilization for 5 seconds = 98%; 1 minute: 98%; 5 minutes: 98%
pix1# sh mem
Free memory:       411475072 bytes
Used memory:        58286976 bytes
Total memory:      469762048 bytes