Glad to help Thomas.

My experience with lower-end 2600's (2611/2621) is that they can reach
approximately 500-750Kbps of 3DES IPsec performance (depending upon
traffic type; purely 1440-byte packets might get you north of 800Kbps).
The 831 is rated, as per Cisco
(http://tools.cisco.com/cmn/jsp/index.jsp?id=20753), at around 2Mbps
with standard traffic, so real world performance should be better
(64-byte packets induce the greatest amount of stress).

This, plus the punting of LLQ into the crypto engine, Websense/N2H2
content filtering and virtual AUX makes this little router quite
acceptable for small offices, though there isn't any modularity of
course (e.g. no WICs, no NMs).

Cheers.

Paul Forbes
Network Engineer