I ran across a strange problem with one of our POPs the other day, and am in
the process of researching/troubleshooting it.  We have a configuration
something like this:

       "Internet"-------2500-------AS5300-------D/U Users

Not shown is a LAN connected to the 2nd Ethernet on the 2500.  All
connections to the shared Ethernet are via a Kmart bluelight special hub.
The connection to the Internet is a T-1 FR. Neither the 2500 nor the T-1 is
anywhere close to being overloaded.

We are not doing any content filtering, nor have any access lists been
applied, nor are any sites blocked.

The connection works great...email, web browsing, etc.  all work just fine.
The only problem is that users can only download UNIX and Mac flavored
files, but not anything that smacks of Windows.  For example, they can down
the .gz/tar and .sft files for a SSH client for example, but can not
download its .exe or .zip counterpart for Windows!  Take the same .exe and
.zip file, and rename it with a UNIX or Mac filename extension, and you can
download it.

Surprisingly enough, the problem does not lie with the users.  I took a
"clean" laptop to the site, and encountered the same results.

Has anyone ever experienced a problem like this?  Could this be a bug in the
IOS on the 2500?  Any suggestions would be welcome.

TIA,

Charles