Charles; Give us more detail. I'm taking you to say that dial-up users
connect to a server somewhere on the Internet to download files. Any
particular servers or any server out on the Internet? They are using FTP?
Any difference between active or passive mode? You did not mention any
servers at the POP location.
Any strange MTU configured anywhere?