""Firesox""  wrote in message
> Folks I am a little stuck in IRB config.
> I have two 2620 routers connected via T1.
>
> I would llike to route IP and bridge IPX.
> On the routed IP network I need to run OSPF to connect to other networks.

first of all, just to correct a misunderstanding, IRB ( integrated routing
and bridging ) refers to bridging a given protocol on some interfaces and
routing that same protocol on others.

to bridge IPX and separately route IP is pretty fundamental. you could
complicate it by creating a tunnel, and bridging, say, ipx over the tunnel.

but pretty much you can do things on th physical interface just by following
the instructions in the docs found on CCO.

the one gotcha might be to remember to remove IP from the bridge group

for example

bridge 1 protocol ieee
bridge 1 no bridge ip

interface X
bridge group 1
ip addr x.x.x.x y.y.y.y
etc

ip will not be bridged, but IPX ( and any other L2 protocol ) will be
bridged. also note that on a bridged interface, no ipx configuration is
required.