The 1099 is an easy way to go but you lose out on a lot of tax breaks. I'm a
1099 now and am kicking myself in the ass for not setting up as small
business.
I'm working in NYC now. $6 just to take the bridge into NYC from jersey and
$25 day parking. Never mind 40 minutes each way traffic to commute 10 miles.
If you're set up as a small business you have more flexiblity in writing off
expenses like these.

""Chuck Church""  wrote in message
> Yes.  Money will depend on your skill level with both Cisco and other
> products as well, such as Unix, NW, MS, etc.  It could be $30/hour, could
be
> $100.  Location is probably almost as important.  NYC pays pretty well,
but
> it cost's $50 to park a car for 4 hours!  The thing about consulting like
> this is you need be a salesperson at times.  Personally, I hate
salespeople,
> and therefore don't make a good one myself.  There's also more
> responsibility, as far as finding your own insurance, paying taxes, etc.
If