In mail.net.groupstudy.pro, you wrote:

>  In SNMPv3 documents, the term "trap" no longer appears, but "notification"
>  does. So, I think they mean the same thing. But I didn't read the v3
>  documents very carefully. They are hard to read, and in my opinion, no
>  longer deserve the S in the acronym. :-)

SNMPv3 is closer to CMISE/CMIP models than most people realise. Most people
never did appreciate the abstraction levels those provided for real world
(uh, well, pretty much only TMN ;-)) applications. Not only are they complex
to understand but also to setup, maintain and troubleshoot.

People making RFPs should request their vendor to implement easily scriptable
things like JUNOScript (or TL1 on ADMs.)

I guess this sort of got out of topic..

// kaj