=?iso-8859-1?q?ciscoGo2002?= wrote:

> Hello friends,
>
> I'm working with CEF and I would appreciate your help
> in this easy (I hope) question:
>
> I would like to know the meaning of "attached" and
> "receive" fields that I can see when I execute "show
> ip cef".
>
> Thanks!!!

> Yahoo! Msviles
> Personaliza tu msvil con tu logo y melodma favorito
> en http://moviles.yahoo.es

I'm no CEF expert, but since no one has answered, I'll share a passage from
a Cisco Press book that I'm not too fond of:

"CEF, in addition to maintaining a matching CEF entry for each route in the
routing table, carries CEF entries with a Receive adjacency for all
connected IP addresses, directed broadcast addresses (the first and the last
addresses of each connected subnet) of the router, and general broadcast
addresses (0.0.0.0 and 255.255.255.255)."

I would guess that attached means attached subnets.

Not terribly helpful, I know, but better than nothing.