sounds like the tcp mss parameter could be the cause. mss (max segment
size) should negotiate end to end but some devices dont fall down to a
lower mss requirement from the other end and therefore nothing is sent
even when the tcp connection establishes.

regards, peter

--
 Peter Golding       Content / Network Services
 Technical Assistance Centre      Cisco Systems