In mail.net.groupstudy.pro, you wrote:

>  Hello,Are there any implications of using the clns routing and clns
>  router isis cmd. when configuring isis? I know this is not needed and
>  only used for clns routing but I see numerous examples on CCO where they
>  have used this cmd. Does not hurt but in terms of the Lab, will I lose
>  points if I configure them knowing that things work without this cmd
>  anyways?Why would I need it then?Thank you.Sincerely,CN

If you configure

clns routing
int fa0/0.1
clns router isis areaname

You enable the routing of CLNS packets (as opposed to IP packets) and
enable the IS-IS for OSI CLNS on a specific interface. Compare this with

ip routing (no need to type it in as it's the default nowadays)
int fa0/0.1
ip router isis areaname

when you're configuring Integrated IS-IS (ie. for IP.) on a specific
interface.

You can enable both on the same interface if you need/want/have to.

The former is used almost exclusively nowadays in DCN networks as a
L2 gateway on/off a WDM/SDH ring or an ADM mangement LAN.

IMHO, "clns routing" isn't a valid command unless the image (at least
enterprise plus or telco) supports CLNS routing.

// kaj