hanan wrote:

> Hello
>
> Could you please tell me in the PIX Cisco firewall their
> clients need to be
> firewall clients or not?

PIX isn't a client/server architecture. Firewalls generally aren't. The term
"firewall client" isn't used usually.

PIX is a network firewall that protects an inside network from the outside.
It examines all TCP/IP traffic, in and out. It doesn't care who is sending
the traffic. It works on any ordinary network where the clients and servers
run a variety of operating systems.

Now, if you are concerned with VPNs, then the terms client and server do get
used.

I think it's still true, though, that PIX would work with a variety of VPN
clients. Someone correct me if I'm wrong. Thanks.

Priscilla