Do a show cdp neighbor and verify that the both endpoints are where you
think they are.  Obviously, the ACTIVE side in the output below is where
you think it is, but I'd bet money that the opposite endpoint is not r1
as shown below, or at least not on s0.

On R1, did you move your cable from Serial0 to another interface?  Or
did you move the cable to an entirely different router and forget about
it?  Or, did you accidentally configure two different routers with the
same hostname and you're looking at the wrong one?  :-)

There must be an explanation, I'm just throwing out weird ideas in case
one of them is right.

John

>>> "McHugh Randy"  2/14/03 1:14:51 PM >>>
Happy Valentines everyone
I have a deleted PVC that still works to connect through a frame switch
another router. Anyone else seen this?
Here is the config
r1#sh frame pvc 401

PVC Statistics for interface Serial0 (Frame Relay DTE)

DLCI = 401, DLCI USAGE = LOCAL, PVC STATUS = DELETED, INTERFACE =
Serial0

  input pkts 0             output pkts 0            in bytes 0

  out bytes 0              dropped pkts 0           in FECN pkts 0

  in BECN pkts 0           out FECN pkts 0          out BECN pkts 0

  in DE pkts 0             out DE pkts 0
  out bcast pkts 0          out bcast bytes 0
  pvc create time 16:43:18, last time pvc status changed 16:43:07
r1#ping 150.100.251.2

Type escape sequence to abort.
Sending 5, 100-byte ICMP Echos to 150.100.251.2, timeout is 2 seconds:
!!!!!
Success rate is 100 percent (5/5), round-trip min/avg/max = 68/68/68
ms
r1#
r4#sh frame pvc 401

PVC Statistics for interface Serial0 (Frame Relay DTE)

DLCI = 401, DLCI USAGE = LOCAL, PVC STATUS = ACTIVE, INTERFACE =
Serial0

  input pkts 1020          output pkts 24           in bytes 288926

  out bytes 2884           dropped pkts 0           in FECN pkts 0

  in BECN pkts 0           out FECN pkts 0          out BECN pkts 0

  in DE pkts 0             out DE pkts 0
  out bcast pkts 14         out bcast bytes 1844
  pvc create time 16:46:36, last time pvc status changed 16:45:46
r4#ping 150.100.251.1

Type escape sequence to abort.
Sending 5, 100-byte ICMP Echos to 150.100.251.1, timeout is 2 seconds:
!!!!!
Success rate is 100 percent (5/5), round-trip min/avg/max = 68/68/68
ms
r4#

It shows 401 is active on one side and deleted on the other but I can
ping
accross to and from both sides accrose the switch.
How can i get rid of that deleted pvc and make it active?
Thanks
Randy